Friday, April 29, 2011

31 minutos: the puppet´s show

All began when I was eleven years old, my brother called me to go and watch TV, and then here was Tulio Triviño presenting his tv show "31 minutos", with all  his funny foolishness it caught me during 31 minutes, and I never stopped seeing  it.

but ...... what was 31 minutes? it was  a tv show about puppets, yeah  puppets, but not any puppets, ( like sesame street or the muppets) it´s a news show presented by Chilean puppets, with Chilean idioms and habits  that made it very familiar for me and for all my friends, and all the people that saw it.

Although it was a tv show aimed at children it also captivated adults with double meaning , for example, that the puppets are ironic imitations of Chilean television personalities, and remember events that characterized Chilean television in the 1980's.

Despite its success, 31 minutos ended in strange circumstances, I don´t know why, maybe because there were problems between the owners, I will never know it...., but clearly the last chapter affected my childhood, and perhaps to all children of my generation.

4 comments:

  1. I never saw 31 minutos... x(
    but I saw the movie... x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 31 minutos...wow!!

    It is the best chilean show for children, even Adults like it.

    bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw 31 minutos!
    My favourite character was Juan Carlos Bodoque!

    bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked 31 minutos! And all its songs!!!

    ReplyDelete